Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Photography 101



I decided that I would take photography more seriously this year, well I made that one of my NY resolutions. So I decided to take Photography Classes with Focus 10 photography
The instructor, Andrew is quite a character with good stories and a wealth of experience when it comes to shooting so it was good to pick his brain about anything. 

Anyways, so it was a 3 week course where we learnt about our cameras a bit more, what I got out of it was 
- Greater appreciation about lighting, especially with the aid of reflectors
- My sb900 flash (previously I could not use it)
- Exposure and when to use it
- Composition for portraits and looking for interesting lines for landscape. 
- The discovery of the P mode on my camera. Did not know i had to use that when i used my flash for syncing purposes!

All in all, there were around 6-8 people on the course and we all got to know each other a bit and asked each other questions and were each other's models. I was sad to see that there was only one other Nikon-ian on the course, but i guess the canon guys were ok :)

So i'll put a few of my favourite photos up. We had a round up dinner last night where we showcased our top 30-40 photos over the last 3 weeks and we voted on each person's set of photos with a score out of 10. I ended up coming 2nd which was ok with me. 

Starting off with the other only Nikon-ian (is that right?) who had a beaut D700.

These were taken out on our day trip to Watsons Bay, Vaucluse House, Strickland House and the lighthouse near Watsons Bay. The weather was nice for shooting, a bit overcast and a bit rainy at times - but we had a good laugh. We had a nice couple from Perth to be our models for the lovey dovey shots at Vaucluse House
 
  
I'll post the second week's photos up soon. 
Toodles
mw

0 comments:

Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from mindy_w. Make your own badge here.

Stalkers

Add Away

Share |

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani